From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout2/openrc question
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:01:29
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 02 February 2010 17:34:42 Tom Hendrikx wrote:
3 >
4 >> As for the issue with openrc:
5 >>
6 >> =sys-apps/openrc-0.6.0-r1 depends on =sys-apps/sysvinit-2.87-r3, and
7 >> both are in ~arch. Unmask both, emerge them, run etc-update and be fine.
10 > Portage's blocker list has historically been confusing and difficult for users
11 > to parse. They often don't know what to do - how many posts like that have you
12 > answered where the answer is simply "unmerge this, merge that, merge world"?
13 >
14 > It makes sense to me, probably to you too, and not much sense to a large chunk
15 > of gentoo userland. Latest portage fixes all that and makes it a non-issue.
19 Those messages stump me too. I'm sort of getting to where they make
20 sense but you have to think backward so that they do make sense. You
21 sort of have to start at the bottom of the list and work your way up.
22
23 I'm sure glad the latest portage takes care of most of that. I'm using
24 Portage 2.2_rc62 and I have not had any problems with it.
25
26 Dale
27