From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes on some www-pages on a newer Gentoo system
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 23:41:37
2 > > It even more strengthens my impression than I should first
3 > > play with reconfiguring the kernel.
4 >
5 > I have loaded the new Gentoo system using the kernel from the old one
6 > with no change in Firefox behaviour on https://www.privat24.ua/#login
7 > page: it crashed as was described before.
8 >
9 > So, playing with the kernel configuration will not help. :(
12 I think this "This looks like a radeon video driver problem. You could go
13 into a loop of rebuilding xorg, mesa, dev-libs/nss, what-ever and see if
14 things improve" is the best suggestion so far.
15
16 I would do something like 'emerge -1 xorg-server xorg-drivers
17 @x11-module-rebuild mesa llvm clang' then restart X and try again.