From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:36:15
1 On 2013-08-16 8:29 AM, Alessio Ababilov <ilovegnulinux@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2013/8/13 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com <mailto:caneko@×××××.com>>
3 >
4 > I think it's a great experiment, but perhaps too much work for little
5 > gain, at least currently.
6 >
7 > Thank you!
8 >
9 > The next council meeting will vote if separated /usr without and
10 > initramfs is officially supported by Gentoo; I hope this time around
11 > finally is officially and unequivocally stated by the council that a
12 > separated /usr without an initramfs is *NOT* supported.
13 >
14 > As I see from
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20130813.txt, the
16 > council has stated that it is not supported anymore.
17
18 <sigh>
19
20 Great. So what does this mean for those of us with older systems with
21 separate /usr and don't want initramfs?