From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and initramfs
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:57:31
1 On 2013-08-20 2:54 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Unless you want to learn the ins and outs of using an initramfs (and
3 > having a lot of fun and failed boots in the process), I highly
4 > recommend using Dracut. It does everything for you.
5
6 What about a previous posters comment that they don;t update the kernel
7 as often as userland stuff, and there is userland stuff in the
8 initramfs, so things can still get out of sync - and, apparently (I'm
9 inferring from the comments about nightmare scenarios of unbootable
10 systems because the initramfs got 'out of sync')...
11
12 So, how do/can you *guarantee* that nothing ever gets out of sync?