From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: off-topic: logitech mice (MX1000)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:26:12
1 Am Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009 schrieb Bruce Hill:
2 > On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 04:36:45PM -0500, Albert Hopkins wrote:
3 > > FWIW, I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel that scrolls up and down,
4 > > presses down, and clicks left and right. All seem to work fine, except
5 > > I don't use the latter as I haven't found any purpose for it although I
6 > > could possibly see it replacing ALT-Tab. Nah... to confusing.
7 > >
8 > > -a
9 >
10 > What settings do you use for all those events? I have a mouse with
11 > right/left buttons, scroll wheel that also tilts right/left, and two side
12 > buttons. Nothing works atm but regular right/left, scroll wheel to scroll
13 > and press to paste, and side buttons. So scroll wheel tilt does nothing.
14
15 Unlike Windows, where I'd have to download a 50 Meg file from logitech to make
16 the tilt wheel work, everything's there in Xorg, and mplayer automatically
17 uses the left and right click to skip forward and backward. Horizontal
18 scrolling in browser windows works as well - out of the box.
19
20 Isn't linux great :-)
21 --
22 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
23 UNIX is not user-unfriendly.
24 It just expects the user to be a little more computer-friendly.