From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:41:12
1 On 2010-09-08, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 08 September 2010 02:27:16 Gregory Shearman wrote:
3 >> In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
4 >> >> I'm reading your message via a usenet server. linux.gentoo.user is the
5 >> >> newsgroup. Replies of course go via the mailing list address.
6 >> >
7 >> > Is that seamless? Can you directly reply to a posting? Easy to set up?
8 >> > How?
9 >>
10 >> More or less. Instead of press "f" to reply in slrn I press "r" and slrn
11 >> starts up Mutt and my favourite text editor.
12 >
13 > Which seems more logical to me.
14 > "R" for "Reply"
15 > What does the "F" stand for, if not for "Forward"?
16
17 Followup. In traditional news parlance, one doesn't reply to a
18 news posting, one posts a followup article.
21 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! He is the MELBA-BEING
22 at ... the ANGEL CAKE
23 gmail.com ... XEROX him ... XEROX
24 him --