From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Console fonts revisited
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 03:14:08
1 On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 08:45:43PM +0100, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote
2
3 > Try consolefont="ter-124n". But as Peter said, the terminus-font
4 > needs some X libraries. I never noticed that, because on my system
5 > X was already installed before I installed media-fonts/terminus-font.
6
7 I couldn't get anything less than 120 columns across. Here's the
8 scriptlet "listres" I used to check all the terminal fonts. Note that
9 it does *NOT* begin with #!/bin/bash and is not chmod'ed executable.
10 That's because COLUMNS and LINES are not environment variables, but are
11 shell variables. So they are not inherited by a deeper script.
12
13 cd /usr/share/consolefonts
14 for cfont in ter-*
15 do
16 setfont ${cfont}
17 echo "${cfont} ${COLUMNS} ${LINES}"
18 done
19 cd
20
21 I had to "source" it to stay within the same shell level...
22
23 . listres > /dev/shm/screensize.txt
26 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications