From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Should we NEVER do an ``emerge -u world''?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 02:35:05
1 On 9/27/06, Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Can you give an example of *any* situation that would make updating fstab
3 > sensible?
4
5 Maybe...
6 This line, for example, is used by glibc 2.2 and above:
7
8 none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults
9 0 0
10
11 Suppose the next glibc doesn't use it anymore, or there's a new
12 filesystem type that would go in its place instead?
13 When doing config upgrades, I always skim through the list to check
14 for important files that I know I modified, and then deal with them
15 appropriately. The rest (which is normally the majority), I just do a
16 -5.
19 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
20 http://www.lustosa.net/
21 --