From: Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Should we NEVER do an ``emerge -u world''?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:05:55
1 On Wednesday 27 September 2006 5:10 pm, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > That's not the same as -5ing everything, which is what I was referring to
3 > and the easy way to toast /etc/fstab.
4
5 Can you give an example of *any* situation that would make updating fstab
6 sensible?
7 Should never even be considered or an option, IMO.
8 Important etc files should be placed in .example form and the user warned that
9 editting is required.
10 Etc-update has always been the thorn in Gentoo. Again, IMO.
11
12 -jm
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list