From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 04:46:03
1 On 25/10/12 06:04, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >> On my part, I will continue to be concerned until the investigation has fully run its course.
5 >
6 > That is, of course, your prerogative. I just posted a comment from
7 > someone that (IMHO) actually knows what he's talking about. What
8 > anyone in this list does with that information, it's their problem.
9
10 What people here are doing is being careful exactly because they don't
11 know what's happening. Being careful does not equal panicking. Not
12 being careful when there's possible danger is just as bad as panicking.