From: "Bruce Hill
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 5 - failure :-(
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 04:22:08
1 On March 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
5 > Alan, the "vast majority" of Linux users right now are phone users.
6
7 > At least, that's how I see it.
8
9 > Again, think about phones. And tablets. And TVs. And
10 > [insert-here-cool-gadgets-from-the-future].
11
12 > Right now Linux runs in my phone, my TV's, my routers and every
13 > computer I own. I have a couple of Windows installations, which I use
14 > once or twice every three months (I ported a PyGTK program to Windows
15 > last week, so I had to boot into Windows for the first time this
16 > year). I want Linux running on *everything*, and what is more: I don't
17 > want android in my handhelds, I want the full GNOME experience.
18
19 > Regards.
20 > --
21
22 What phone do you have running which "Linux"?
23
24 I'm curious because a couple months ago we got new Samsung Galaxy S phones.
25
26 I'd previously used an iPhone 3GS for a bit over a year. Since I can't
27 stand Apple, as a company, it was with great joy that we could get 2 of
28 these Galaxy S phones for free (with the 2-year contract, of course).
29 --
30 Happy Penguin Computers >`)
31 126 Fenco Drive ( \
32 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
33 662-269-2706; 662-491-8613
34 support at happypenguincomputers dot com
35 http://www.happypenguincomputers.com