From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 5 - failure :-(
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 04:28:21
1 On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Bruce Hill, Jr.
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > On March 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
7 > wrote:
10 >> Alan, the "vast majority" of Linux users right now are phone users.
11 >
12 >> At least, that's how I see it.
13 >
14 >> Again, think about phones. And tablets. And TVs. And
15 >> [insert-here-cool-gadgets-from-the-future].
16 >
17 >> Right now Linux runs in my phone, my TV's, my routers and every
18 >> computer I own. I have a couple of Windows installations, which I use
19 >> once or twice every three months (I ported a PyGTK program to Windows
20 >> last week, so I had to boot into Windows for the first time this
21 >> year). I want Linux running on *everything*, and what is more: I don't
22 >> want android in my handhelds, I want the full GNOME experience.
23 >
24 >> Regards.
25 >> --
26 >
27 > What phone do you have running which "Linux"?
28 >
29 > I'm curious because a couple months ago we got new Samsung Galaxy S phones.
30 >
31 > I'd previously used an iPhone 3GS for a bit over a year. Since I can't
32 > stand Apple, as a company, it was with great joy that we could get 2 of
33 > these Galaxy S phones for free (with the 2-year contract, of course).
34
35 Sony XPeria Play, with Android 2.3.3, I believe.
36
37 I'm a gamer.
38
39 Regards.