From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Portage profile override
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:03:15
1 On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:54:16 +0100, hb-xxl@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > I do have a problem using /etc/portage/profile/package.provided. At
4 > first I added some other packages to this file and got the expected
5 > functionality. Then I added sys-apps/busybox-1.16 to package.provided.
6 > It works and portage detects the entry on an emerge, but it prints a big
7 > fat warning, that busybox has been excluded and suggests deleting from
8 > worlds file or removing from the package.provided file. But busybox
9 > isn't in the worlds file. And removing it from the package.provided
10 > files leeds to emerge trying to install busybox 1.15.3 which conflicts
11 > with my manual installation of busybox 1.16.0 (or daily snapshot).
12
13 package.provided is the wrong file. Your problem is caused by busybox
14 being in @system, which is a subset of @world. That's why you see the
15 message about it being in world even though it is not in the world file.
16 To remove it from @system, add
17
18 -sys-apps/busybox
19
20 in /etc/portage/profile/packages.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 "Everything takes longer than expected, even when you take
27 into account Hoffstead's Law." - Hoffstead's Law