From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xsm and dependency...
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:02:55
1 On Thursday 12 October 2006 06:55, darren kirby wrote:
2 > quoth the Daniel Barkalow:
3 > > > What's up with this? I really don't want netkit-rsh installed
4 > > > either...xsm changelog says nothing...
5 > >
6 > > You want to be looking at xinit's info; turns out you want the "minimal"
7 > > USE flag if you don't want to include the things used by the default
8 > > Xsession, which includes xsm (which has, as far as I can tell, always
9 > > used netkit-rsh).
10 > >
11 > > -Daniel
12 > > *This .sig left intentionally blank*
13 >
14 > Thanks, and sorry for the hysteria. I have rebuilt xinit with minimal and
15 > netkit-rsh is no longer a deep dependency. I am very unsure what is
16 > strictly required with the modular Xorg.
17
18 Thank you for raising this - I've also now rebuilt it with the minimal flag
19 and removed netkit-rsh and xsm.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick