From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 05:31:54
1 On 01/15/2016 09:18 PM, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm considering allowing some employees to work from home but I'm
5 >> concerned about the security implications. Currently everybody shows
6 >> up and logs into their locked down Gentoo system and from there is
7 >> able to access the company webapps which are restricted to the office
8 >> IP address. I guess I would have to allow webapp access from any IP
9 >> for those users and trust that their computer is secure? Should that
10 >> not be scary?
11 >>
12 >> - Grant
13 >
14 > I would use OpenVPN for that. If you don't trust their systems, you
15 > could provide a Live-System media for them if that is possible.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Regards
19 > wabe
23 I would use VPN + an X server that can spawn sessions on demand. This
24 way it all stays internal on the work network.
25
26 I do something similar at work for our Windows clients, it was simple to
27 set up there.
28
29 I've set up my home server to act as a Windows-type terminal server
30 using X and tigervnc. It actually works well, but I never got into
31 multiuser and dealing with logon scripts and the like (you may or may
32 not need this to deal with user documents and the like.)
33
34 Dan