From: Jamie <gentoo@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Wireless trouble, bad hardware?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:29:09
1 <snip>
2 >> >
3 >>
4 >> What WAN Address? I cannot see any address other than one of the
5 >> reserved
6 >> class C's. I would suggest that either the PC you are pinging from
7 >> ("desktop") does not have an address in the same range as the router, or
8 >> the default gateway is incorrect on the "desktop". Another possibility
9 >> is
10 >> a an IP conflict but this is less likely.
11 >> Can you possibly post the IP configuration (ifconfig) from the "desktop"
12 >> machine so that we can see how the interface is set up.
13 >
14 > After rebooting the desktop, all I get from ping attempts is:
15 >
16 > connect: Network is unreachable
17 >
18 > so I guess it won't connect at all now. I don't think ifconfig would
19 > be useful now, but let me know if I'm wrong or if you have any other
20 > ideas.
21
22 The output of ifconfig would certainly be useful but it sounds to me like
23 the configuration of eth0 has been changed somehow.
24 Perhaps you could post the output of ifconfig, and the contents of
25 /etc/conf.d/net as this should list the configuration of all of the
26 network adapters (just in case eth0 is not the interface that you are
27 using).
28
29 Hopefully this information will allow someone on the list to help you
30 diagnose your problem.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list