From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: LC_ALL etc. not set when sshing into TMux
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 20:06:58
1 On 2016-06-30 21:11 +0200, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
2
3 > The top (grandparent) sshd process has LC_ALL and LANG set with utf8,
4 > but the childs and grandchilds environments are empty.
5
6 Isn't this a feature?
7
8 Looks to me like sshd is properly sanitizing the environment for the
9 client, isolating it from the details of the host system which are
10 probably irrelevant.
11
12 Let's say tmux needs to spit out an error message. Should it be in the
13 LANG of the server, or the LANG of the user who has logged in remotely?
14
15 > Probably I could get rid of the error message by SSH's
16 > SendEnv feature, but this would be just a workaround.
17
18 This seems to be the proper solution to me.
21 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
22 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?