From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Failed to connect to lvmetad
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 06:41:38
1 On 2016-06-24 15:26 +0000, James wrote:
2
3 > So I do not use 'lvm' on this system. So after adding net-misc/openntpd
4 > and setting it up per the wiki, I got this strange message::
5 >
6 > # /etc/init.d/ntpd restart
7 > * Caching service dependencies ...
8 > File descriptor 3 (pipe:[25250801]) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID
9 > 1159: /bin/sh
10 > /run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory
11 > WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to internal scanning.
12 > [ ok ]
13 > * Stopping OpenNTPD ...
14 > [ ok ]
15 > * Starting OpenNTPD ...
16 > [ ok ]
17 >
18 > Now it is gone.... A transient error as the system syncs to the gentoo
19 > time servers?
20
21 I was bootstrapping a new system yesterday and I had what may (or may
22 not) be a related problem. "Something" in the boot sequence kept
23 starting lvmetad, even though I disabled it in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf. Then
24 when it was the turn of the lvm initscript it complained that lvmetad
25 was "running but disabled". Nothing I did along the lines of killing
26 the daemon, stopping the lvmetad and lvm scripts in either order,
27 etc. seemed to help, it would happen again on next boot.
28
29 Then it stopped, I don't really know why, and hasn't happened again.
30
31 The lvm scripts seem to be housing some tiny invertebrate creatures.
34 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
35 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?