From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel panick in 4.2.1 from gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 20:13:12
Hi.  I am getting some kind of kernel panick in 4.2.1 -- it boots up OK,
to a virtual console with a framebuffer, but after half a minute or so,
I get the kernel panick -- now nothing is preserved in the logs, so how
do I get any information about what happened -- serial console or other
means?  Can I do a console over the network without additional hardware?

The reason I went with that kernel is because I want to try btrfs and
they develop fast, so it looked from Google searching that I should be
on 4.2 or thereabouts.  The btrfs programs I emerged did say 4.2.

So, I would like to go on two paths at once -- find out about the
panick, and maybe go to a lower kernel as well, but I was concerned
about btrfs if I do that.  I have not created the pool yet.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
How do
you spend it?