From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hacked by association?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:32:42
1 On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:09:30 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Last night my host sent out a message that their database had been
4 > compromised. I contacted them this morning and it turns out that all
5 > of their trouble tickets were exposed. I checked my records and
6 > (stupidly) I had included my root password in an email to them about a
7 > year ago. I (stupidly) hadn't changed the password since. I've
8 > changed it now and rebooted the system, but what do you think? Do I
9 > need to start this thing over?
10
11 equery check sys-process/procps
12 equery check sys-apps/coreutils
13
14 Make sure that none of the executable files have changed.
15
16 Also, emerge and run app-forensics/rkhunter
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Top Oxymorons Number 37: Sanitary landfill