From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LibreOffice + GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2279:initable_init: assertion failed
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:22:18
1 On 19 April 2011 13:38, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 04/17/2011 05:32 PM, Carlos Sura wrote:
7 >> On 17 April 2011 16:14, walt <w41ter@×××××.com <mailto:w41ter@×××××.com>>
8 >> wrote:
9 >>
10 >> On 04/17/2011 11:38 AM, Carlos Sura wrote:
13 >> But, trying as a normal user, isn't working and I dont have any
14 >> clue
15 >> about what is making this problem, there is no log or error to
16 >> trace.
17 >>
18 >> So, I've unistalled libreoffice, and installed again, but... Isn't
19 >> working yet... I'm not really sure what's this problem, since I
20 >> don't
21 >> have any clue or any idea to trace this error.
24 >> Try strace this way (as normal user):
25 >>
26 >> $strace -f -o outputfile /usr/bin/libreoffice
27 >>
28 >> The -f flag allows strace to follow as the shell-script starts the real
29 >> binary executable. Look through 'outputfile' for messages that look
30 >> fatal :)
36 >> Hello Walt, thank you for your answer
37 >>
38 >> This is the paste: http://tinypaste.com/dde0e1
41 > The trace clearly shows a segfault, which is what you would expect given
42 > how
43 > the program behaves -- but I can't tell what's causing it. Maybe someone
44 > else
45 > can tell us.
46 >
47 > I can suggest a few things to check, though. I'd try moving or deleting
48 > your
49 > ~/.libreoffice directory to see if something in there is corrupted. If LO
50 > wants to import old settings from OO try saying no.
51 >
52 > I notice you're using iced-tea for java. Have you used java-config-2 to
53 > make sure it's all set up correctly? Note that the java settings in LO
54 > need to be edited by hand if you change java versions :(Dumb, but doesn't
55 > cause a segfault for me.)
56 >
57 > Are you running python-3 instead of python-2?
58 >
59 > Do you get the same segfault by running
60 > /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin
61 > directly?
62 >
63 > Good idea to create a new (ordinary) user account so you can try failing
64 > programs
65 > with a completely fresh environment -- not at all the same as running
66 > something
67 > as root, of course, and very safe if you use a strong password for the new
68 > user.
69 >
70 > Out of ideas for the moment.
75 Hello Walt, thank you for your answer, after several days without
76 libreoffice working, you told me the answer, I'd try deleting your
77 ~/.libreoffice directory, after that, LibreOffice was working fine again.
78
79 Thank you...
80
81 Also it would be nice to know the cause of this problem.
82
83 Regards
87 Carlos Sura.-