From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gummiboot does not display new kernel
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 17:16:08
1 On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> "version"?! I've never seen this and I don't use it.
5 >
6 > From [1]:
7 >
8 > title text to show in the menu
9 > version version string to append to the title when the title is not unique
10 > machine-id machine identifier to append to the title when the title is not
11 > unique
12 > efi executable EFI image
13 > options options to pass to the EFI image / kernel command line
14 > linux linux kernel image (gummiboot still requires the kernel to have an
15 > EFI stub)
16 > initrd initramfs image (gummiboot just adds this as option initrd=)
17 >
18 > [1] http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/gummiboot/
19
20 Thanks. I'm sure that I've read this page in the past so I must've
21 either ignored or forgotten the title/version combo. I've just checked
22 the Arch and Gentoo wikis and neither mention "version" so I'm in more
23 or less good company.
24
25 And not any closer to understanding the reason for Stefan's problem. :(