From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] win4lin
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:28:34
1 On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:03:49 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > There is much here I don't understand. Isn't it possible for someone
4 > who actually
5 > got one of the missing ebuilds to re-build an ebuild and pass it
6 > around? For instance,
7 > I seem to have
8 >
9 > linux-2.6.11-gentoo-r11
10 > linux-2.6.11.11
11 > linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r4
12 > linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r6
13 > linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r9
14 > linux-2.6.7-gentoo-r11
15 > linux-2.6.7-win4lin-r2
16 > linux-2.6.7-win4lin-r5
17 >
18 > Isn't it possible to package one of these and share it? (Provided
19 > anyone would trust me not to be malicious).
20
21 You already have the ebuild if it is installed, in /var/db/pkg. Portage
22 needs to keep the ebuilds of installed packages in order to uninstall
23 them.
24
25 There is an area on the Gentoo CVS server that hold old ebuilds removed
26 from portage.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 Everything else being equal, fat people use more soap.