From: microcai <microcai@×××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: qpdfview - asking for qt4 or qt5
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 14:06:03
1 2015-04-26 11:51 GMT+08:00 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>:
2 > On 26/04/15 01:46, Joseph wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 04/25/15 20:43, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> On 25/04/15 19:54, Joseph wrote:
7 >>>>
8 >>>> I've on my system "qpdfview" (without qt*) but the system wants to
9 >>>> upgrade to qpdfview-0.4.13-r1
10 >>>> and it is asking for qt4 or qt5
11 >>>> [...]
12 >>>> Why?
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>> Because it can now be build using Qt4 or Qt5. You have to choose one.
16 >>>
17 >>> If you're on KDE4, enable the qt4 USE flag (otherwise the application
18 >>> won't integrate with KDE desktop.) If you're not on KDE4, then you might
19 >>> as well choose qt5.
22 >> I'm using older version and have neither Qt4 nor Qt5
23 >> So I'm surprized they are forcing on me Qt.
24 >>
25 >> I've solved the problem "qpdfview" removed the package.
28 > Older ebuilds were only supporting building with Qt 4. To keep using that,
29 > simply enable the qt4 USE flag; it will them work exactly the same as
30 > before.
31 >
32 > Also, if you didn't need the package, why did you have it installed to begin
33 > with? :-/
37 hate qt is a disease.