From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: qpdfview - asking for qt4 or qt5
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 03:51:40
1 On 26/04/15 01:46, Joseph wrote:
2 > On 04/25/15 20:43, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 25/04/15 19:54, Joseph wrote:
4 >>> I've on my system "qpdfview" (without qt*) but the system wants to
5 >>> upgrade to qpdfview-0.4.13-r1
6 >>> and it is asking for qt4 or qt5
7 >>> [...]
8 >>> Why?
9 >>
10 >> Because it can now be build using Qt4 or Qt5. You have to choose one.
11 >>
12 >> If you're on KDE4, enable the qt4 USE flag (otherwise the application
13 >> won't integrate with KDE desktop.) If you're not on KDE4, then you might
14 >> as well choose qt5.
15 >
16 > I'm using older version and have neither Qt4 nor Qt5
17 > So I'm surprized they are forcing on me Qt.
18 >
19 > I've solved the problem "qpdfview" removed the package.
20
21 Older ebuilds were only supporting building with Qt 4. To keep using
22 that, simply enable the qt4 USE flag; it will them work exactly the same
23 as before.
24
25 Also, if you didn't need the package, why did you have it installed to
26 begin with? :-/