From: Ralph Seichter <abbot@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get rid of colors (console and xterm)?
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 19:19:49
1 * Christian Groessler:
2
3 > My question is how do I get rid of colors in "emerge", "man" and other
4 > command line programs.
5
6 The methods vary between command line tools. You can for example
7 disable the 'manpager' USE flag for sys-apps/man-db. The manual page for
8 emerge mentions different methods (search for "--color"). Depending on
9 the terminal software you use, you might be able to select monochromatic
10 colour profiles (iterm2 for macOS does support this).
11
12 -Ralph