From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel config for eee w/Atom N270 CPU
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:43:42
1 On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Maxim Wexler<maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Been tracking down other's kern config for 900A w/ N270 Atom cpu and
5 > notice, so far, everyone goes for CONFIG_SMP=y. Why, particularly when
6 > most commenters stress keeping the kernel as slim as possible?
7 >
8 > In the <help> window we have 'If you have a system with only one CPU,
9 > like most personal computers, say N.' As far as I know the 900A has
10 > only one CPU, unless there is some sort of virtual one I haven't heard
11 > of yet.
12
13 Does the CPU have multiple cores? If so, that's probably why.