From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] logs in the browser?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:48:08
1 On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at>
2 wrote:
3 [ ... ]
4 > Maybe I could set up some other web-app that (a) looks at the link
5 > pointing to the postfix.service-logs and (b) filters them?
6
7 (With my programmer's hat on): I think the easiest way would be to create a
8 little client that downloads the logs in JSON format, and then do the
9 filtering off-site. If I'm not mistaken, libmicrohttpd supports
10 "Accept-Encoding: gzip", and therefore the used bandwidth should not be a
11 lot.
12
13 Also, you can get the last cursor from the journal the first time, and next
14 time you download logs, you start from that cursor on, so you don't
15 download everything again.
16
17 I don't see many advantages on doing the filtering on-site. Specially if,
18 after a while, you are handling several servers.
19
20 Regards.
21 --
22 Canek Peláez Valdés
23 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias