From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to have fiber internet and need VPN info
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 17:00:30
1 On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 3:57 AM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 <SNIP>
4 > Also, the package I'm getting is 500Mbs/sec. What speeds should I
5 > really expect? If memory serves me right, that is about 50MBs/sec, note
6 > the size of the B. By the way, that is about 50 times faster than what
7 > I have now. Also, up and down is the same. Current up stream is a lot
8 > smaller. Basically, I can upload files as fast as I download them. Now
9 > I can upload videos or something.
10
11 You will almost certainly get your 500Mb pretty much right away - or
12 within a day or two. I get 475Mb on my comcast cable connection
13 but it's rate limited at the other end. They sell and upgrade which
14 I don't need. At these speeds it's more about bytes/month than
15 bytes/second so make sure you know how much data you can move
16 without incurring any extra charges.
17
18 As for upload I'm limited at about 13Mb/S. I can upload lots of
19 data to a Google drive for backups but I have to do it slowly
20
21 - Mark