From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] How to capture a screen video?
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:43:27
1 On 5 July 2010 08:43, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:57:12 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> PS. Google is only as good as your ability to find the terms by which
5 >> you should be searching.
6 >
7 > Your question was "How to capture a screen video"m Googling for "linux
8 > How to capture a screen video" gives several answers :)
9
10 Yes, I googled trying not to be clever and asked:
11
12 "How to record my desktop using Linux"
13
14 but this brought up the recordmydesktop application. I thought there
15 must be more ways, knowing of xvidcap but not remembering ffmpeg.
16
17 At which point I thought, better ask the 'oracle' of all knowledge and
18 posted in this M/L.
19
20 A good keyword for a google search would have been "capture", but
21 after a long day of bashing the keyboard I was pretty brain dead to
22 come up with it! O_O
23
24 Ditto for "screencast". All I could think at the time was I want to
25 make a video of screenshots, or I want to record desktop events, none
26 of which gave me a satisfactory answer.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick