From: "Bruce Hill
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 12:05:46
1 On March 17, 2012 at 4:00 AM Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > > This news item is to inform you that once you upgrade to a version of
4 > > udev >=181, if you have /usr on a separate partition, you must boot
5 your
6 > > system with an initramfs which pre-mounts /usr.
7 >
8 > [...]
9 >
10 > > Happy Computer Users, systemd is on your horizon.
11 >
12 > The problem, if you really want to call this a problem, is with udev,
13 > not OpenRC. Switching to systemd is not going to solve it.
14 >
15 > Personally I stopped bothering with a separate /usr ages ago, so I don't
16 > really care.
17 >
18 > andrea
21 Bravo!
22
23 It's (systemd) the same mentality as those who started Ubuntu to attract
24 Windoze Weenies because Gentoo, or even Slackware, was too hard for them to
25 install.
26 --
27 Happy Penguin Computers >`)
28 126 Fenco Drive ( \
29 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
30 662-269-2706; 662-491-8613
31 support at happypenguincomputers dot com
32 http://www.happypenguincomputers.com