From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question re: make.conf/profile location change
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:48:24
1 Am Sun, 11 Aug 2013 13:30:57 -0400
2 schrieb Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>:
3
4 > On 2013-08-11 1:06 PM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
5 > > Yes, I agree that that might perhaps have been nice to mention it in the news
6 > > item (although IMHO that's the sort of information the man pages are there
7 > > for), but it *is* crystal clear in the docs, or do you not count the man pages
8 > > to the docs?
9 >
10 > Ok, you're right... :)
11 >
12 > > AFAIK eselect profile uses the new location, but I don't remember how precisely
13 > > I moved it (not that it matters).
14 >
15 > I just tried changing it
16 >
17 > eselect profile set 3
18 > eselect profile set 1
19 >
20 > and it didn't create the link in /etc/portage, it is still in /etc...
21
22 Ah, then it *preserves* the current location. I have it in /etc/portage and
23 eselect profile kept it there, too.
24
25 However, I just checked and if you delete make.profile and then re-create it
26 with eselect profile it is created in /etc/portage.
27
28 > >> Not sure why the two preceeding dots are there in the current one in
29 > >> /etc, but they are...
30 > >
31 > > The current location is /etc/make.conf, right? Then ../usr/[...] will resolve
32 > > to /usr/[...], whereas your ln command above will resolve to /etc/usr/[...],
33 > > which is, erm, wrong :) .
34 >
35 > So, to do this manually just:
36 >
37 > ~ ln -s make.profile /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/13.0
38 >
39 > ~ rm /etc/make.profile
40 >
41 > ?
42
43 I guess so. Or "rm /etc/make.profile && eselect profile set <whatever>" as
44 described above.
45
46 HTH
47 --
48 Marc Joliet
49 --
50 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
51 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup