From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question re: make.conf/profile location change
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:31:28
1 On 2013-08-11 1:06 PM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Yes, I agree that that might perhaps have been nice to mention it in the news
3 > item (although IMHO that's the sort of information the man pages are there
4 > for), but it *is* crystal clear in the docs, or do you not count the man pages
5 > to the docs?
6
7 Ok, you're right... :)
8
9 > AFAIK eselect profile uses the new location, but I don't remember how precisely
10 > I moved it (not that it matters).
11
12 I just tried changing it
13
14 eselect profile set 3
15 eselect profile set 1
16
17 and it didn't create the link in /etc/portage, it is still in /etc...
18
19 >> Not sure why the two preceeding dots are there in the current one in
20 >> /etc, but they are...
21 >
22 > The current location is /etc/make.conf, right? Then ../usr/[...] will resolve
23 > to /usr/[...], whereas your ln command above will resolve to /etc/usr/[...],
24 > which is, erm, wrong :) .
25
26 So, to do this manually just:
27
28 ~ ln -s make.profile /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/13.0
29
30 ~ rm /etc/make.profile
31
32 ?