From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Straight from the horse's mouth
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:28:18
1 Hi Walter, can you expand on the LVM2 problem you mention on the MDEV
2 page and/or a link if there is one on the status?
3
4 I am building a new desktop (finally building as 64bit!) which will need
5 lvm2 and after trying gnome3 for a couple of months on my existing
6 machines, I have decided that its too unstable, too much of a resource
7 hog and such a major productivity killer so its time to abandon ship.
8 If I have to swim, I would like to use the opportunity to drop udev so I
9 can avoid that train wreck as well.
10
11 BillK