From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switch to profile 17.0 complete, completely painless
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 16:42:01
1 On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 15:36:19 GMT Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 12/05/17 23:00, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
3 > > One (~x86) LXDE system completed the switch with no problem, the other
4 > > (~amd64) built all except two packaged (sdlmame and torcs) which did not
5 > > build with gcc-7.2 even before the switch to 17.0.
6 > >
7 > > Gentoo devs and arch testers did a good job as usual.
8 > >
9 > > I'll do the switch on the Gnome system in the next days but up to now I
10 > > can say that the switch to 17.0 is a _lot_ less painful than switching
11 > > major compiler version.
12 > >
13 > > raffaele
14 >
15 > I've done two machines now (6 more to go!) and it's been mostly
16 > painless. I had the grub and cdrdao rebuild problems, solved by
17 > upgrading to grub2 and applying a patch to lame for cdrdao. I also had
18 > pygtk fail, but once the `emerge -e world` finished, I just had to
19 > rebuild it and it was fine.
22 > Dan
23
24 Are the maintainers picking up these patches to release a version bump for
25 packages that won't emerge with profile 17.0?
28 Regards,
29 Mick