From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems emerging some ruby packages
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 05:19:16
1 On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 02:12, Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > As I said in my reply to Neil, why would this happen in just a handful
3 > of packages, but not in over thirty others? mini_mime is the other
4 > problem package, and it does not use ruby_add_bdepend so there is only
5 > one line with USE_RUBY: 'USE_RUBY="ruby26 ruby27 ruby30 ruby31"'.
6 >
7 > So - why is ruby31 disabled for (so far) only these two packages?
8 > (The other packages which are failing depend on one of these two.)
9
10 Maybe these two are just written more strict? I'm unable to read the
11 eclass to determine how it masks these flags on a stable system on
12 these packages, it will happily install it with ruby31 on my unstable
13 system, but you can try to unmask the flag in
14 /etc/portage/package.use.mask
15
16 dev-ruby/thor -ruby_targets_ruby31
17