From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Synchronizing my music collection
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:54:05
1 On Wednesday 13 August 2008 17:24:57 Grant wrote:
2
3 > According to man rsync:
4 >
5 > "There are two different ways for rsync to contact a remote system:
6 > using a remote-shell program as the transport (such as ssh or rsh) or
7 > contacting an rsync daemon directly via TCP."
8 >
9 > I'm using remote-shell and I'm wondering what benefit the daemon has.
10 > I probably wouldn't have to enter the username/password?
11
12 That's the one. Imagine every gentoo user needing a shell account on
13 rsync.gentoo.org to use when they emerge --sync :-)
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com