From: Dan Egli <dan@×××××××××××.site>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for other Seamonkey users
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 23:57:32
1 On 4/8/2021 5:12 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >> I
3 >> think I'm missing the part that I can access it with a GUI, like when I
4 >> go to mail.google.com or something.
5 > Dovecot is an IMP server, it doesn't have a GUI. What you are thinking of
6 > is a webmail *client*. That's just another client, like Thunderbird or
7 > mutt, as far as Dovecot is concerned. There are a few webmail clients
8 > available, I use Roundcube.
9 It all depends on what you want. I've not used Roundcube, although I
10 hear it's good. I've used SquirrelMail, Horde, and SOGo. I personally
11 prefer SOGo, but it's complicated to setup. SquirrelMail is easy, but
12 lacks a lot of features that SOGo had. Horde is kind of in the middle.
13 The only thing I'd watch out for is that if you use SOGo, the gentoo
14 packages are WAY out of date. The most recent SOGo package in portage is
15 4.3.2, but you can get the sources for 5.1.0 from the SOGO.NU website.