From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problems with gnome-keyring-daemon
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 01:07:33
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 06/08/2014 11:01 PM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi. I have a problem where sometime after reboot, I get hundreds of
5 > > processes gnome-keyring-daemon --deamonize and this is without even
6 > > running gdm or gnome at all! They complain about not being able to find
7 > > the display, but they all sit there and it may slow down my box, or at
8 > > least I am sure I should not have such. Last time this happened I
9 > > killed them with seemingly no ill effect, but does anyone know the cause
10 > > for this and how to stop? I don't mind if I am using gnome, to have
11 > > however many are necessary, but it seems kind of strange without gnome,
12 >
13 > I have exactly one instance of gnome-keyring-daemonize after booting up
14 > (no X session, just booting to console).
15 >
16 > I remember many months ago answering "yes" to some installation dialog
17 > asking me if I want to authenticate during bootup using gnome-keyring,
18 > but sadly I can't remember now who asked me that question :(
19 >
20 > The only clue I can think of is here:
21 >
22 > #grep -rI gnome /etc/pam.d/
23 > /etc/pam.d/system-login:auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
24 > /etc/pam.d/system-login:password optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
25 > /etc/pam.d/system-login:session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
26 >
27 > There are more gnome-keyring entries in /etc/xdg/autostart/ but IIUC
28 > those are used only by X desktop programs. Maybe(?)
29 >
30 > Which logs does gnome-keyring-daemon complain to about the missing display?
31 It is in my journal and it talks about not being able to connect to dbus
32 or something -- I don't have it in front of me right now. I will take
33 the autostart out and see if that fixes things -- thanks a lot.
38 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
39 How do
40 you spend it?
41
42 John Covici