From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problems with gnome-keyring-daemon
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 23:53:27
1 On 06/08/2014 11:01 PM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. I have a problem where sometime after reboot, I get hundreds of
3 > processes gnome-keyring-daemon --deamonize and this is without even
4 > running gdm or gnome at all! They complain about not being able to find
5 > the display, but they all sit there and it may slow down my box, or at
6 > least I am sure I should not have such. Last time this happened I
7 > killed them with seemingly no ill effect, but does anyone know the cause
8 > for this and how to stop? I don't mind if I am using gnome, to have
9 > however many are necessary, but it seems kind of strange without gnome,
10
11 I have exactly one instance of gnome-keyring-daemonize after booting up
12 (no X session, just booting to console).
13
14 I remember many months ago answering "yes" to some installation dialog
15 asking me if I want to authenticate during bootup using gnome-keyring,
16 but sadly I can't remember now who asked me that question :(
17
18 The only clue I can think of is here:
19
20 #grep -rI gnome /etc/pam.d/
21 /etc/pam.d/system-login:auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
22 /etc/pam.d/system-login:password optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
23 /etc/pam.d/system-login:session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
24
25 There are more gnome-keyring entries in /etc/xdg/autostart/ but IIUC
26 those are used only by X desktop programs. Maybe(?)
27
28 Which logs does gnome-keyring-daemon complain to about the missing display?