From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] flag details
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:22:31
1 2014-11-24 11:09 GMT-06:00 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > Hello,
5 > So, I use euse to read aobut flags. Sometimes the same flag has slightly,
6 > but significantly different meanings depending on the packages it
7 > is use on. A tool with perhaps more detail or that parse the ebuild/sources
8 > for even greater detail information?
9 >
10 > I also use Ciaran's old (filter)script on flags:
11 >
12 > explainuseflag(){ sed -ne "s,^\([^ ]*:\)\?$1 - ,,p" $(portageq
13 > portdir)/profiles/use.{,local.}desc; }
14 >
15 > Which is due for updating. If does a nice job of filtering out the
16 > package version details, which I do not need most of the time.
17 >
18 > Suggested fixes to Ciarans old filter quickie I use from by bashrc?
19 >
20 > Are there any more detailed tools, even gui based tools, for
21 > reading about the details of what a flag does on a given package
22 > or information related to compile-time or run-time settings on a
23 > given code (but not including looking at the sources, I know I can
24 > do that)?
25 >
26 > (Gmane on gentoo user is working again from a browser window (yea).
27 > Sorry for the recent noisy_posts.
30 I use
31 $ equery u cat/pkg
32 It list the useflags and what the metadata.xml of the package says
33 about each of them, plus highlights the active ones if you have the
34 package already merged.
37 > curiously,
38 > James