From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wine emerge wants to downgrade?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:07:20
1 Mark Knecht schreef:
2 > Is there some small thing I'm overlooking. It seems that portage
3 > thinks that wine-20050930 is newer than the first official release
4 > wine-0.9 and therefore wants to 'upgrade' Wine when it's really a
5 > downgrade.
6 >
7 > Does portage need to be informed of something special here?
8
9 Yes, it does. There is a bug on b.g.o about the issue, but said issue
10 will ex not be resolved until the maintainer sees how future releases
11 are going to be numbered. For now, just mask
12
13 (piped to prevent Thunderbird quoting)
14
15 | >app-emulation/wine-0.9
16
17 in /etc/portage/package.mask, and that should do it. (It's how I did it).
18
19 Holly
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list