From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wine emerge wants to downgrade?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:24:59
1 On 11/4/05, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht schreef:
3 > > Is there some small thing I'm overlooking. It seems that portage
4 > > thinks that wine-20050930 is newer than the first official release
5 > > wine-0.9 and therefore wants to 'upgrade' Wine when it's really a
6 > > downgrade.
7 > >
8 > > Does portage need to be informed of something special here?
9 >
10 > Yes, it does. There is a bug on b.g.o about the issue, but said issue
11 > will ex not be resolved until the maintainer sees how future releases
12 > are going to be numbered. For now, just mask
13 >
14 > (piped to prevent Thunderbird quoting)
15 >
16 > | >app-emulation/wine-0.9
17 >
18 > in /etc/portage/package.mask, and that should do it. (It's how I did it).
19 >
20 > Holly
21
22 OK, thanks Holly. That's basically how I got it installed.
23
24 I generally avoid putting these masks in as I seem to forget they are there. :-)
25
26 Cheers,
27 Mark
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list