From: Lewis Handy <lewis.handy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Gentoo system has become unstable and unusable - help, please!
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:57:01
1 <snip>
2 >
3 > I hope you're not right here.  ;-)  The hardware is spanking brand new;
4 > so new, in fact, that it's still gleaming.
5 >
6 > Are there any handy utility programs around to test RAM exhaustively?
9 Most live CD's these days will come with memtest86 as a boot option,
10 that would give your RAM a good workout and tell you how it looks.
11
12 It could be that the RAM itself is perfectly fine, but just not
13 working too well with your motherboard hardware, I have seen this many
14 times before where in one system the RAM is completely unusable, but
15 in a different system is perfectly fine.
16
18 >
19 >> --
20 >> alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
21 >
22 > --
23 > Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).