From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice.org binary for ppc
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:40:59
1 On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 01:24:30 -0500, John wrote:
2
3 > The problem is that I dont have enough room on the hard disk to compile
4 > openoffice.org, so I was wondering if there was any place I could
5 > download a binary version for ppc.
6
7 There isn't an official binary release. The last PPC version that OOo
8 released was 1.1.2. It takes around 16 hours to compile 2.0.2 on my 1Ghz
9 G4, so you'd be looking at days, even with disk space.
10
11 Your options seem to be limited to
12
13 1) Plug in an external drive to use for $PORTAGE_TMPDIR
14 2) Find someone willing to compile a package with your USE and CFLAGS.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Set phasers to `humiliate,' Mr. Worf.