From: "Hervé Guillemet" <hg@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo chroot with old glibc
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 21:20:21
1 Hello,
2
3 I need to distribute some linux binaries and the one built with my
4 up-to-date gentoo sytem won't run on distributions using older glibc.
5
6 My idea is too maintain a gentoo chroot dedicated for compiling my
7 binaries which would (package.)mask recent versions of glibc and gcc
8 ebuilds.
9
10 What's the better way to go ? If I start with some of the stage3
11 available for download, I won't be able to downgrade the glibc.
12
13 Or do you have any suggestion for alternatives to this gentoo chroot ?
14 (I'd prefer avoid installing some CentOS or Ubuntu as virtual guests).
17 Hervé