From: louis brazeau <lbrazeau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB....etc
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:11:25
1 On 7/13/05, Jim Hatfield <subscriber@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Can someone remind me what it means when you just
3 > get millions of GRUBs scrolling up the screen.
4 >
5 > Came back from a few days away and my box was locked up.
6 > Rebooting gets me the GRUB menu but which ever kernel
7 > I selected started to boot then scrolled up reams of very
8 > nasty looking messages. Sounded like a hardware fault.
9 >
10 > So I reseated the memory, CPU, all connectors, and pulled out
11 > the CMOS battery for a few minutes. Rebooted, let the BIOS
12 > memory test run for a while, went into the BIOS setup, reset
13 > to factory defaults, did a "reset configuration data".
14 >
15 > Now on boot I just get the continuous scrolling GRUBs. I've
16 > seen it before but I can't remember what it means....
17 >
18 > Jim
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
25 I've seen that one before.
26
27 I solved it by setting the BIOS to LBA for that drive. But for some
28 people the following link is the solution :
29 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/grub-error-guide.xml?style=printable
32 Louis Brazeau
33 Informaticien
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list