From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local shared directory
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 14:56:26
1 On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 14:42:56 +0200, hw wrote:
2
3 > > I've done this with ACLs in the past, which is why I suggested it, but
4 > > it's a pain to set up if you haven't used them before. Alan's
5 > > suggestion of using inotify is probably simplest. Install incrond and
6 > > put something like this in a file in /etc/incron.d
7 > >
8 > > /shared/dir IN_CREATE,IN_MODIFY chmod g+w $#
9
10 That should actually be $@/$#
11
12 > PS: How about subdirectories? The users sharing the directory can
13 > create and delete them as well, and files within them; yet incron
14 > ignores what happens in subdirectories.
15
16 That's a prpblem, maybe ACLs would be more suitable after all.
17
18 > Using 'chmod -R g+w $#' isn't very appealing, and how safely does it
19 > handle file names?
20
21 What is unappealing about it? I've never had any problem with file names,
22 but I don't use odd ones. You could quote the $@/$# just in case,
23 although if there's no shell expansion taking place it shouldn't be
24 necessary.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Hyperbole is absolutely the worst mistake you can possibly make