From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beagle on Gentoo Reiserfs filesystem - Possible?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:41:25
1 On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:43:05 -0400, Paul Hoy Gmail wrote:
2
3 > The Gentoo HOWTO wiki explains that a user should enable extended
4 > attributes for his or her filesystems, and shows how you can do so
5 > with Ext2. The author of the wiki says you can do the same with
6 > reiserfs, but I don't recall seeing the option in the kernel (when I
7 > configured it a couple of weeks ago).
8
9 It's there, I used the Wiki HOWTO to install Beagle myself quite
10 recently. Here are my reiserfs kernel settings
11
12 [root@hactar ~]# grep REIS /usr/src/linux/.config
13 CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=y
14 # CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
15 CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO=y
16 CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_XATTR=y
17 # CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_POSIX_ACL is not set
18 # CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY is not set
19
20 > Finally, the Gentoo Wiki author adds the "user_xattr" option to the
21 > reiserfs entry in fstab. This suggests that reiserfs is supported. The
22 > fact that the option doesn't appear in the kernel, suggest that it's
23 > not. And, the fact that the Beagle Web site says reiserfs is not
24 > support Beagle also suggests that I can run Beagle on an reiserfs
25 > filesystem.
26
27 You can run Beagle on a reiser3 filesystem.
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 Very funny Scotty.. now beam down my pants!