From: Viktar Patotski <xp.vit.blr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config for Docker
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 18:50:27
1 hey,
2
3 to solve this part:
4 - /dev/zfs: missing
5 - zfs command: missing
6 - zpool command: missing
9 Do `emerge sys-fs/zfs` and reboot.
10
11 Viktar
12
13 On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 8:05 PM Victor Ivanov <vic.m.ivanov@×××××.com>
14 wrote:
15
16 > Some of these are obsolete and have been removed in newer kernels.
17 >
18 > NF_NAT ones have been superseded by / renamed to:
19 >
20 > CONFIG_NF_NAT
21 > CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT
22 > CONFIG_IP6_NF_NAT
23 >
24 > I'm not sure about CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT but I believe it's
25 > now incorporated into other XFRM config variables in newer kernels. I
26 > will need to look at the kernel changelogs. But you should be fine
27 > without it.
28 >
29 > AUFS is not part of the main kernel tree, so the following option does
30 > not apply:
31 >
32 > CONFIG_AUFS_FS
33 >
34 > That said, Docker does _not_ require AUFS, but it does still support it
35 > as an option. Docker docs, recommend using OverlayFS instead which is
36 > also part of the main kernel tree.
37 >
38 > As far as I recall there are patches and overlays that will allow you to
39 > enable AUFS if needed. Debian, for example, does not include AUFS and
40 > instead uses DKMS for AUFS support.
41 >
42 > The CFQ I/O scheduler is obsolete and has been removed, so the following
43 > do not exist and have no alternatives except for running an older kernel:
44 >
45 > CONFIG_IOSCHED_CFQ
46 > CONFIG_CFQ_GROUP_IOSCHED
47 >
48 > Docker will run just fine with the BFQ scheduler.
49 >
50 > Generally speaking the docker kernel validation script is fundamentally
51 > flawed by design - it doesn't check the kernel options based on the
52 > kernel version. Instead it uses as single global list of CONFIG options
53 > and matches against that.
54 >
55 > - Victor
56 >